In the aftermath of all that has taken place in the city of Ferguson over the weekend, I suggest there are some things we as a Catholic Christian community can do:
1. Pray for the young man who lost his life, and for his family in their time of grief.
2. Pray for our police officers, who put their lives on the line every day.
3. Withhold judgment about innocence or guilt until all the facts are known.
4. Pray that there will be no more violence against persons or property.
5. Pray for greater justice for all the people of our city, our country and our world.
6. Pray for greater harmony and solidarity among all people.
7. Pray for peace, built upon the foundation of justice and equality.